This Working with People with learning disabilities course aids individuals who work with people in getting to know disabilities and is suitable for various beginners.
Who should attend
This Working with People with learning disabilities course is for those wishing to work or progress in care or healthcare roles along with care workers and healthcare assistants.
What you will learn
- Increase your understanding of people with learning disabilities (including those with autistic spectrum disorders), including the causes and range of disabilities.
- Explore the difference between people with learning disabilities, learning difficulties and mental health problems.
- Understand the critical day-to-day issues facing people with learning disabilities and how best to support them and their families and carers.
- Increase your confidence in your interactions with people with learning disabilities, including how to communicate with people who may or may not use verbal language.
- Identify the significant pieces of legislation relevant to people with learning disabilities.
This Specialised care course is delivered online through e-Learning. Learners Working with people with learning disabilities course will receive Instant access to our interactive Learning Management System, which offers 24/7 access to the course.
- The online care course needs a minimum of one hour to complete. This can be a guide to the educational hours required, and it depends on how quickly an individual can understand the course. The training is online. It may be displayed over multiple sessions or done in one session.
- Learners will have access to the present course for up to nine months from joining. There's no pressure to complete the course in a short time.
- The company (Admin) can purchase as many as courses or packages as they want. There is no course expiry date unless assigned to the company user (Individual) Or Company Manager. For instance, you purchased 500 courses & assigned only 400 courses. You have 100 courses to assign anytime, anywhere. There is no time restriction.
Specialised Care Courses - Working with people with Learning disabilities, online assessment is taken on completing the training material. You will need to complete a multiple choice answer exam with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically, so you will know whether you have passed. If you don't pass, don't worry! You can take the test thirty (30) times. However, you must purchase the same course again after using all ten (30) attempts.
Our online social care courses are accredited by the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and are nationally recognised. Once you have completed your assessment, you will be awarded an accredited certificate in PDF format, which is immediately available. Hard copies of the certificate are available for an additional fee. All evidence of learning and certification will remain in our system for reference.
Last Audit: 04/01/2024