Mental Capacity Act and DoLS
This online care course gives background past to the MCA, and its responsibility to DoLS and how the ones running within the care sector can make sure compliance even as carrying out their process function.
Article five, of the Human Rights Act states that - everyone has the complete right to liberty and security of person. Nobody shall be deprived of his or her liberty - until unless in accordance with a procedure prescribed in law. The Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) is that the procedure prescribed in law once it is necessary to deprive of their liberty a resident or patient who lacks capability to consent to their care and treatment so as to stay them safe from harm.
Who should attend?
This course aims to provide an overview of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and the implications they have for the service user and service provider.
What will you learn?
- To realise what Mental Capacity Act & DoLS is and the records of it?
- To apprehend why it can covet and who it's far craved for?
- The five essential standards set out in the Mental Capacity Act.
- To recognise the method care houses and hospitals must undergo to get permission.
- To find out who must use for DoLS.
- To discover what happens once you have authorisation.
This mandatory care course is delivered on-line through e-Learning. Learners of Mental Capacity Act and DoLS course will receive instant access to our interactive Learning Management System, that offers 24/7 access to the course
- The online care course needs a minimum of one hour to finish fully. This can be solely a guide to the educational hours needed and it depends on how quickly an individual can absorb the knowledge. The training is on-line thus it may be displayed over multiple sessions or done in one session.
- Learners will have access to the present course for up to nine months from the date of joining. There's no point in time to finish the course throughout this era.
- Company (Admin) can purchase as many as courses or packages they want. There is no expiry date on the courses until unless it's assigned to the company user (Individual) Or Company Manager. For instance, you purchased 500 courses & assigned only 400 courses. Still, you have 100 courses to assign anytime, anywhere. There is no time restriction.
Mandatory Care Courses - Mental Capacity Act and DoLS - online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need. Although you need to purchase the same course again when you used all ten (10) attempts.
Our online social care courses are accredited by the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and are nationally recognised. Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available. Hard copies of the certificate are available for an additional fee. All evidence of learning and certification will remain in our system for your future reference.