Paediatric First Aid
This online paediatric first aid course is important for anybody who works or lives with children; you never realise when an emergency may occur and when you will need to use first aid skills to remedy a potentially life-threatening situation.
Using high-quality Presentation, videos, alongside Resources, this Paediatric first aid course is specially designed to help people learn new skills and knowledge, or refresh existing first aid skills, to have more confidence to act at the time of an incident.
Remember, however, that you should always seek medical advice and guidance before acting in case of emergency. This online training is purely for guidance purposes only and does not replace practical training.
Who should attend?
What you will learn?
- Introduction and Primary Assessment
- The aim of first aid
- Your first aid box
- The primary assessment: danger, response, airway, respiration. Resuscitation (CPR)
- How to administer CPR to a child and a baby
- Things to be considered and how to treat unconscious casualties.
- Secondary areas component 1 putting a toddler and a little one inside the recovery position, choking, wounds, bleeding and surprise.
- Secondary Areas Part 2 burns, eye accidents, head accidents, fractures, spinal injuries, and amputation.
- Secondary conditions and Reactions Part 1 asthma, allergic reactions, bites and stings, nostril bleeds, diabetes, epilepsy, high temperatures and hyperventilation.
- Secondary situations and Reactions Part 2 sickle cellular, meningitis, and septicaemia, fainting, sprains and traces, poisoning, smoke inhalation, hypothermia, electric powered shock, croup, and drowning.
This child care course is delivered on-line through e-Learning. Learners of Paediatric first aid course will receive instant access to our interactive Learning Management System, that offers 24/7 access to the course.
- The online care course needs a minimum of one hour to finish fully. This can be solely a guide to the educational hours needed and it depends on how quickly an individual can absorb the knowledge. The training is on-line thus it may be displayed over multiple sessions or done in one session.
- Learners will have access to the present course for up to nine months from the date of joining. There's no point in time to finish the course throughout this era.
- Company (Admin) can purchase as many as courses or packages they want. There is no expiry date on the courses until unless it's assigned to the company user (Individual) Or Company Manager. For instance, you purchased 500 courses & assigned only 400 courses. Still, you have 100 courses to assign anytime, anywhere. There is no time restriction.
Child Care Course - Paediatric First Aid - online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need. Although you need to purchase the same course again when you used all ten (10) attempts.
Our online social care courses are accredited by the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and are nationally recognised. Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available. Hard copies of the certificate are available for an additional fee. All evidence of learning and certification will remain in our system for your future reference.