Moving and Handling
This course covers the usual Moving and Handling with training but also consists of a full section on moving and handling patients to ensure that staff will be fully skilled in techniques for moving people. All team of workers involved in moving patients should be completely trained to reduce the risk of causing injuries when moving people.
Who should attend?
- Anyone working within the health service and care sector.
- The section on how to move items safely is applicable to anyone who may need to lift items as part of their duties.
What you will learn?
- Move and take care of people in a manner that requires the least amount of attempt.
- Flow and handle human beings in a way that offers greater consolation and dignity to the affected person or resident.
- Understanding of Manual Handling legislation
- Gain better expertise in spinal mechanics.
- Appearance after your personal returned and that of sufferers/residents.
- The backbone and lower back care.
- Conduct an own risk assessment for service users/residents.
- Adequately circulate people with and without using professional equipment.
This mandatory care course is delivered on-line through e-Learning. Learners of Moving and Handling course will receive instant access to our interactive Learning Management System, that offers 24/7 access to the course
- The online care course needs a minimum of one hour to finish fully. This can be solely a guide to the educational hours needed and it depends on how quickly an individual can absorb the knowledge. The training is on-line thus it may be displayed over multiple sessions or done in one session.
- Learners will have access to the present course for up to nine months from the date of joining. There's no point in time to finish the course throughout this era.
- Company (Admin) can purchase as many as courses or packages they want. There is no expiry date on the courses until unless it's assigned to the company user (Individual) Or Company Manager. For instance, you purchased 500 courses & assigned only 400 courses. Still, you have 100 courses to assign anytime, anywhere. There is no time restriction.
Mandatory Care Courses - Moving and Handling - online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need. Although you need to purchase the same course again when you used all ten (10) attempts.
Our online social care courses are accredited by the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and are nationally recognised. Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available. Hard copies of the certificate are available for an additional fee. All evidence of learning and certification will remain in our system for your future reference.