This course, often referred to as the basic food hygiene certificate, is for anyone who works in a setting where food is cooked, prepared or handled. All food handlers can satisfy their legal requirement by taking this course.
Who should attend?
- The European Union Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs requires all food handlers to be appropriately trained in how to carry out their roles safely.
- This Food Safety course ensures that you comply with this legal responsibility by providing learners with a thorough introduction to the correct food handling practices.
- The course is suitable for food handlers in all disciplines of the catering sector, including restaurants, hotels, cafes, bars, fast-food outlets, takeaways, mobile food trucks, kitchens, hospitals, schools, colleges, care homes & hospitals.
- Identify food hygiene hazards.
- Describe safe food practice.
- Apply controls to achieve high standards of food hygiene.
Explain the principles of food safety management systems.
- Work in a way that is ethical for the consumer and fulfils your legal obligations as a food handler.
- The online care course needs a minimum of one hour to finish fully. This can be solely a guide to the educational hours needed and it depends on how quickly an individual can absorb the knowledge. The training is on-line thus it may be displayed over multiple sessions or done in one session.
- Learners will have access to the present course for up to nine months from the date of joining. There's no point in time to finish the course throughout this era.
- Company (Admin) can purchase as many as courses or packages they want. There is no expiry date on the courses until unless it's assigned to the company user (Individual) Or Company Manager. For instance, you purchased 500 courses & assigned only 400 courses. Still, you have 100 courses to assign anytime, anywhere. There is no time restriction.
What will you learn?
This specialised care course is delivered on-line through e-Learning. Learners of Food Hygiene course will receive instant access to our interactive Learning Management System, that offers 24/7 access to the course.
Specialised Care Courses – Food Hygiene - online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked multiple-choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need. Although you need to purchase the same course again when you used all ten (10) attempts.
Our online social care courses are accredited by the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and are nationally recognised. Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available. Hard copies of the certificate are available for an additional fee. All evidence of learning and certification will remain in our system for your future reference.