This Medication administration course is an essential and critical area of user/patient care. Medication may be dangerous while misused however when used correctly, it is a powerful ability to alleviate signs and symptoms and improve or prolong a person's life. Healthcare workers aren't only accountable for the safe administration of drugs but additionally upholding dignity, encouraging independence and respecting alternatives the service user or patient makes. This is an excellent refresher course for any member of the healthcare team.
Who should attend?
This mandatory training course specially designed for Healthcare experts with the responsibility of receiving, storing, administering and disposing of drugs.
What you will learn?
- Introduction and explanation.
- Legislation and codes of practice.
- The 7 rights of medication administration
- Classification and types of medication
- Routes into the body
- Maintaining records
- Roles and responsibilities.
- Medication and risks.
- The medication process, prescribing and dispensing.
- Administration and record keeping.
- Managing a medication error.
- Side effects.
- Storage and disposal of Medication
- Self-administration and supporting independence
- Contraindications, allergies, and overdoses
- Monitoring dosage systems
- Medication calculations
This mandatory care course is delivered on-line through e-Learning. Learners of Medication of administration course will receive instant access to our interactive Learning Management System, that offers 24/7 access to the course
- The online care course needs a minimum of one hour to finish fully. This can be solely a guide to the educational hours needed and it depends on how quickly an individual can absorb the knowledge. The training is on-line thus it may be displayed over multiple sessions or done in one session.
- Learners will have access to the present course for up to nine months from the date of joining. There's no point in time to finish the course throughout this era.
- Company (Admin) can purchase as many as courses or packages they want. There is no expiry date on the courses until unless it's assigned to the company user (Individual) Or Company Manager. For instance, you purchased 500 courses & assigned only 400 courses. Still, you have 100 courses to assign anytime, anywhere. There is no time restriction.
Mandatory Care Courses - Medication Administration - online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need. Although you need to purchase the same course again when you used all ten (10) attempts.
Our online social care courses are accredited by the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and are nationally recognised. Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available. Hard copies of the certificate are available for an additional fee. All evidence of learning and certification will remain in our system for your future reference.