This training course has been designed as an introduction to mental health to raise awareness of how important it is in the workplace. The course provides an overview of mental health problems, outlining some of the symptoms and effects, and explains what you can do to help colleagues feel supported and encouraged. The course aims to promote positive mental health and demonstrate how easy it can be for employers to make adjustments to encourage workplace tolerance and understanding.
Who should attend
This Mental Health Awareness course is suitable for all HR workers, managers, supervisors and employers who wish to understand more about mental health conditions so that employees can be better supported and positive mental health can be encouraged in the workplace. The course is designed as an introduction to mental health, so no pre-requisite knowledge or training is needed.
What you will learn
- Understand what is meant by 'mental health'.
- Be aware of the legal responsibilities that employers have in regard to mental health.
- Have an understanding of some of the most common mental health problems.
- Understand how people can manage their mental health to make everyday living easier.
- Be aware of how to support a colleague with a mental health problem in the workplace.
- Understand how to promote a healthy, non-discriminatory working environment.
- Knowledge of workplace adjustments can be made to help an employee with a mental health problem.
This Specialised care course is delivered online through e-Learning. Learners of Specialised Care Courses – Mental Health Awareness course will receive instant access to our interactive Learning Management System, which offers 24/7 access to the course.
- The online care course needs a minimum of one hour to complete. This can be a guide to the educational hours needed, and it depends on how quickly an individual can understand the course. The training is online it may be displayed over multiple sessions or done in one session.
- Learners will have access to the present course for up to nine months from joining. There's no pressure to finish the course in a short time.
- The company (Admin) can purchase as many courses or packages as they want. There is no expiry date on the courses unless it's assigned to the company user (Individual) Or Company Manager. For instance, you purchased 500 courses & assigned only 400 courses. You have 100 courses to assign anytime, anywhere. There is no time restriction.
Specialised Care Courses – Mental Health Awareness - online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will need to complete a multiple choice answer exam with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will know whether you have passed. If you don't pass, don't worry! You can take the test thirty (30) times. However, you need to purchase the same course again when you used all thirty (30) attempts.
Our online social care courses are accredited by the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and are nationally recognised. Once you have completed your assessment, you will be awarded an accredited certificate in PDF format, which is immediately available. Hard copies of the certificate are available for an additional fee. All evidence of learning and certification will remain in our system for your reference.
Last Audit: 04/01/2024