Mental Health Awareness
This training course has been designed as an introduction to mental health to raise an awareness of how important it is to the workplace. The course provides an overview of mental health problems, outlining some of the symptoms and effects, and explains what you can do to help colleagues feel supported and encouraged. The course aims to promote positive mental health and demonstrate how easy it can be for employers to make adjustments in order to encourage tolerance and understanding in the workplace.
Who should attend
This Mental Health Awareness course is suitable for all HR workers, managers, supervisors and employers who wish to understand more about mental health conditions so that employees can be better supported and positive mental health can be encouraged in the workplace. The course is designed as an introduction to mental health and so no pre-requisite knowledge or training is needed.
What you will learn
- Understand what is meant by 'mental health'.
- Be aware of the legal responsibilities that employers have in regards to mental health.
- Have an understanding of some of the most common mental health problems.
- Understand ways in which people can manage their individual mental health to make everyday living easier.
- Be aware of how to support a colleague with a mental health problem in the workplace.
- Understand how to promote a healthy, non-discriminatory working environment.
- Have knowledge of the workplace adjustments that can be made to help an employee with a mental health problem.
This Specialised care course is delivered on-line through e-Learning. Learners of Specialised Care Courses – Mental Health Awareness course will receive instant access to our interactive Learning Management System, that offers 24/7 access to the course.
- The online care course needs a minimum of one hour to finish fully. This can be solely a guide to the educational hours needed and it depends on how quickly an individual can absorb the knowledge. The training is on-line thus it may be displayed over multiple sessions or done in one session.
- Learners will have access to the present course for up to nine months from the date of joining. There's no point in time to finish the course throughout this era.
- Company (Admin) can purchase as many as courses or packages they want. There is no expiry date on the courses until unless it's assigned to the company user (Individual) Or Company Manager. For instance, you purchased 500 courses & assigned only 400 courses. Still, you have 100 courses to assign anytime, anywhere. There is no time restriction.
Specialised Care Courses – Mental Health Awareness - online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need. Although you need to purchase the same course again when you used all ten (10) attempts.
Our online social care courses are accredited by the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and are nationally recognised. Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available. Hard copies of the certificate are available for an additional fee. All evidence of learning and certification will remain in our system for your future reference.