This e-learning course will help you to understand what children and young people do online, why they take risks, and how to respond to these risks so you can feel confident in protecting the children you work with.
Who should attend
Anyone who works with children and young people needs to know what to do if a child comes to them about something concerning they have seen online. So whether you’re a teacher, social worker, volunteer, or a youth worker, our e-learning course will help you to feel confident in keeping children safer online.
What you will learn
- How children use the internet and technology
- The risks children may encounter online
- Harmful content online
- Online radicalisation and extremism
- Sharing personal content and sexting
- Sexual offending against children online
- Bullying online
- Supporting parents and carers
- Supporting children and young people
- How to make organisations safer places for children to go online.
- The online care course needs a minimum of one hour to finish fully. This can be solely a guide to the educational hours needed and it depends on how quickly an individual can absorb the knowledge. The training is on-line thus it may be displayed over multiple sessions or done in one session.
- Learners will have access to the present course for up to nine months from the date of joining. There's no point in time to finish the course throughout this era.
- Company (Admin) can purchase as many as courses or packages they want. There is no expiry date on the courses until unless it's assigned to the company user (Individual) Or Company Manager. For instance, you purchased 500 courses & assigned only 400 courses. Still, you have 100 courses to assign anytime, anywhere. There is no time restriction.
This Specialised care course is delivered on-line through e-Learning. Learners will receive instant access to our interactive Learning Management System, that offers 24/7 access to the course.
Specialised Care Courses - E-Safety - online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked multiple-choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need. Although you need to purchase the same course again when you used all ten (10) attempts.
Our online social care courses are accredited by the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and are nationally recognised. Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available. Hard copies of the certificate are available for an additional fee. All evidence of learning and certification will remain in our system for your future reference.